May 7, 2008

R.I.P. Frederick.

Good Wedensday, to you all.

Here are some things I have done today (with no semblance of chronology):
-Walked to the comic bookstore.
-Subsequently got Jossed. (By Drew Goddard no less.)
-Made a bow out of kleenex.
-Knit 10 rnds on my right-hand fishy glove.
-Recorded a song. (Possibly not for public consumption)
-Continued reading/making notes on my WWII project.
-Worked on breaking down scenes for my Hamlet project. (Things are getting wack in Elsinore, yo.)

See, I am doing lots of work. Just not work that is going to see me getting paid anytime soon.

Summer! Bah!
I need to get a job. I am bored. I am boring.

I finished my Dad's birthday present. I have made him this friendly little fellow:

It's a Nautiloid!
His tag reads "Hi, my name is Floyd. Nice to meet you, Rick. I'm so glad we are going to be friends. Here is some stuff about me:
Likes: Reefs, Crustacean Exo-skeletons, Paleontologists.
Dislikes: Poachers, Predators, Extinction."

Hopefully my Dad will think this is adorable and not A Bit Sad.

In actual sad news, yesterday when I went to get the mail I found a dead bird in my garden. After much hemming and hawing about maggoty carrots, I decided to give him a proper burial in an unused part of the garden. I named him Frederick. Poor guy.

I have decided that my summer project is going to be a stop-motion film, with yarn as my medium. Specifically, knitted things. For this I require three things: Cheap Yarn, a small tripod, and more patience than I possess. Wish me luck!

(Generally my summer projects are pipe-dreams and never actually occur. We shall see.)

In closing, here is a song that I whipped up for the Sunday Song exchange. It is entitled Robot Song.


Till next.

No comments: