March 27, 2008

Self Deprecation: Learn it, Love it.

Have you ever found something that's meant to be humorous, except it reflects you so accurately that it's really just sad?

Long story short, (Short story shorter) I was browsing the latest McSweeney's Lists and I found this:

---

Titles of Love Songs I Would Write for People Like Me.
BY KATHY SALERNO
- - - -
"A Friend Again, Naturally"

"Hopelessly Inexperienced Sexually"

"Mind Boyfriend's Back"

"Wishing, Hoping, Checking Your MySpace Relationship Status"

"Never Gonna Ask You Out, Never Gonna Make My Move"

"Give Me Just a Little More Time (By Then You'll Surely Be Dating Someone Else)"

"Are You That Anybody?"

"Let's Give Them Something to Prove I'm Straight"

---

Har Har.

In other news, I am still CD-Mix crazy! After Monday, when the Writ203 swap is complete, I will post the tracklistings for my two mixes, and possibly pics of the cover art as well. (Ooh la la)

Am still working on my mix for the SA Mix-CD Swap. I was going for mellow but it seems to be coming off a bit depressing. I tried to kick it up in the middle with some Weezer but alas, there may be further revamping required. It's going to be headed for some lucky fellow in Tennessee, and I don't want to bum him out.

No comments: