March 27, 2008

I solemly swear I will use up my stash.

I HAVE COME TO A DECISION.

I solemly swear, on my favorite yellow 7mm straights, due to rent and tuition, that I am not going to purchase any more yarn (save for Cascade for the S.L.A.) until I have at least some type of incoming cash flow. Yes, that's right. It's all working with what I got from here on out. And since, as we've already seen, what I've got is quite a lot, this shouldn't be a problem.
---

In other knitting knews, I am almost finished the mohawk toque for my brothers (very much passed) birthday. I will post pics when it is finished. It's in the wash right now, hopefully felting quite successfully. I am a bit concerned about it, because while it is 46% wool and 15% alpaca, it's also 39% acrylic. I could be totally screwed, re: the essential mohawkian fringe.

Hopefully it all works out.

There's quite a bit of bulky red and black Van Dyck left over from it, and I am considering making some seriously heavy duty mittens. Though I do have other mitten plans for the leftovers of my Stupidly Large Afghan. I want to make a pair of these but instead of orange and yellow, I want to use as much as my leftover yarn as possible (so, all eight colors) using the grey from the border as the main color. Fair Isle fun for everyone!

No comments: