April 19, 2008

I am an Absentee Blogger

So, not actually dead.

Just, exams and things, y'know.

But, alas, there is much news on all fronts:

Knitting Knews:

It's amazing, it's absolutely unbelievable: I only have two squares left to knit for my Stupidly Large Afghan before I get to the fun fun fun of blocking all 64 squares. UGH.

I have half a sweater sleeve. Woo!

I designed and knitted a pair of mittens for my amiga's birthday using the leftovers from my failed attempt at a mohawk hat for my brother. They are red and black and have a fair-isle design of the Mighty Boosh monkey on them. Each mitt has half a face so that when you put them together they make the whole face! I forgot to take pics but hopefully I can do that, and then I will post them as well as the pattern.

I finished my Ravenclaw guitar strap but...I didn't really turn out. So I stole my brothers. Some habits never die.

Next: To find some Eskimo, for a second (third?) attempt at the mohawk hat.

Writing News:

I am in the process of putting together my application for Film School. Unfortunately, I won't actually get to go until August of '09. Another long year of slogging through academia.

Wrock News:

The Violent Puffskiens have an amp! Songs are in production.

I have a new side-project! The first song up I did entirely on music software, and it is kind of electro-pop-y, but I intend to do all sorts of genres. I am particularly proud of the song though. It's called 'Tickle the Pear.'

In Other News, I have discovered that I really like the new Britney Spears song 'Piece of Me.' I cannot explain it. Sometimes, that is just life.

No comments: