March 19, 2008

Essay? What Essay?

My two greatest fears are mediocrity and death.

Please exploit this information as you see fit.

---

Today I actually did something relatively productive in terms of my Stupidly Large Afghan. I finally found the right shade of blue.

I like that the ladies at Boutique de Laine are a bit nicer than those at Beehive. When I came in they were all "Oh, the Cascade girl is here again" in very droll tones. But they didn't question my knitting aptitude, and that is something.

So now all I have to do is:

-three more orange squares
-the blue squares
-the pink squares
-block
-decide on pattern
-assemble
-and knit/block/attach the border.

I aim to be finished by 2009. We shall see.

The border will probably be much more difficult than I am presuming it to be.

I am intending to submit my SL Afghan pattern to Knitty, so I will have to take some prime photos of it in use, however, I've never really written a pattern before, so that could be a big stumbling block.

At some point I intend to take pictures of all my finished knitworks, and post them here.

Look forward to it!

No comments: