April 1, 2008

The bird! The bird! The bird is on fire!

Hello again, blogbuddies.

My writing class CD-Swap was a riotous success! Seriously, there was rioting. And now that it's over I am going to post my cover art/track listings. (Bonus: GoonMix)

I know, I know, not as cool as Meg's, but I had a lot of fun making them.

The first one I made was designed to be far far too upbeat and positive. I may or may not have achieved this, but hopefully it went over well with the recipient.


Overly positive: Hence, Unicorn crapping a rainbow.
1.
Intro - ???
2. Headphone Song - Junior Senior
3. Autoclave - The Mountain Goats
4. I'm a cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian
5. Sunken-Eyed Girl - Mike Doughty
6. Hotel Song - Regina Spektor
7. Sleep On Needles - Sondre Lerche
8. Your Ex-Lover Is Dead - Stars
9. Intermission - Scissor Sisters
10. Photograph - Weezer
11. The Future Is Now - The Solids
12. I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters
13. Slytherin Don't Dance - The Remus Lupins 14. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
15. Flaming - Pink Floyd
16. Debaser - Rogue Wave
17. Eddie's Ragga - Spoon
18. Wave of Mutilation - The Pixies
19. D.O.A. - Foo Fighters (??)
20. Supersonic - Bad Religion
21. Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
22. Your Honor - Regina Spektor
23. Hot in Here - Jenny Owen Youngs

And my second CD was a sampler of my favorite Wizard Rock, but of course.


1. Wizard Rock Twist - The Remus Lupins
2. My Dad is Rich - Draco and the Malfoys
3. Cornelius Fudge is an Ass - Harry and the Potters
4. It's Not Half Bad - The Parselmouths
5. The Ballad of Neville and Luna - The Remus Lupins
6. Save the Quibbler - Gred and Forge
7. Who is Blaise Zabini - The Parselmouths
8. (not gonna put on) The Monkey Suit - Harry and the Potters
9. Final Breath - The Remus Lupins
10. Flesh, Blood and Bone - Harry and the Potters
11. Potions Yesterday - Draco and the Malfoys
12. Quidditch is my Favorite Sport - The Parselmouths
13. Looking for Trouble - The Remus Lupins
14. Your Family is Poor - Draco and the Malfoys
15. Save Ginny Weasley (From Dean Thomas) - Harry and the Potters
16. The 7th Horcrux - The Remus Lupins
17. Love Song for Professor Lupin - The Parselmouths
18. Slytherin Don't Dance - The Remus Lupins
19. Hermione's Birds and Boys - Harry and the Potters
20. Your Flying Car - Draco and the Malfoys
21. Proud - The Remus Lupins
22. These Days are Dark - Harry and the Potters

Had I heard Dumbledore's "R U down w/OOTP" before I made this CD it TOTALLY would have been on there. It is amazing.


Last we have the mix I've made for the 5th SA Mix-CD Swap. This little baby is going to Tennessee, and I excitedly await my own. And yes, Scooty Puff Jr. is my SA username.

1. Autoclave - The Mountain Goats
2. Small Change - Dispatch
3. I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian
4. That Time - Regina Spektor
5. Wizard Rock Twist - The Remus Lupins
6. Debaser - Rogue Wave
7. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
8. Monkey Gone to Heaven - The Pixies
9. Flaming - Pink Floyd
10. John the Revelator - Depeche Mode
11. The KKK Took My Baby Away - Ramones
12. Evangeline - Bad Religion
13. California Uber Alles - Dead Kennedys
14. Bone Machine - The Pixies
15. Your Honor - Regina Spektor
16. Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
17. Devil Town - Bright Eyes
18. Hot in Herre - Jenny Owen Youngs
19. Still Alive - GLaDOS

In other WizRock news, I totally fell for the April Fools Day prank and had to be calmed down. I am also patiently awaiting the first shipment of the EP of the Month Club, and my Gred and Forge CD. Hoo-Ray!


Now I must fiendishly devise my Family Dinner mix-cd.

No comments: